If you have any Park maintenance issues please remember to call 311. You may also visit the 311 website.
*****ALL OF OUR SUMMER PROGRAMS ARE FULL*****
If you have any questions please call 413-787-6434 or 413-313-1355.
Please follow the steps below to complete our registration process.
1. Click the “Create Account” link at the top of the page.
2. A screen will open asking you to enter your information. This information is parent information. Enter all of your information. Please note that the income information is required. We receive a grant to help fund our programs and the income information is part of their reporting requirements. Also note that when you enter the phone number you should enter only the numbers (so, 4135551234 not 413-555-1234).
3. Click “Create Account” to create the account. You will be returned to the account login page. You will also receive an email confirming the creation of your new account.
4. On the login screen, enter the Email address you just used to create the account and the password you created. Click “Sign In”.
5. The next screen will list all available programs with a dropdown for each, select the number of children you wish to register for each program. Click Select.
6. The next screen is your main profile screen, for now you want to click “Add Child” (on the left) to add a child to your account.
7. Enter your child's information on the Register Child screen. Most of this information is required. Click “Save” once all information is entered. You will be returned to the Profile screen. You will receive an email letting you now that the child has been added to your profile. It will also remind you that they are not yet registered for a program.
8. Click “Register For Programs” link on the left on the profile page.
9. On the next screen, select the child you wish to register. Click “Select Child”.
10. On the next screen select the program you wish to register for. Click “Select Program”.
11. You will now go through a series of screens which will ask you for additional information for the program. Please complete all of this information as accurately as possible.
12. Once you have completed all of the forms in Step 11, your child is registered for the selected program. You will receive an email confirming the registration.
13. Before you logout, make sure you add an emergency contact and any pickup agents (people other than yourself and the emergency contact who may pickup your child) who can pick your child(ren) up at the program. This information will apply to all of your children. You do not enter it separately for each child.
Learn To Swim - The City of Springfield's Aquatics Department offers swimming lessons at a wide variety of levels. All Learn to Swim classes are available to participants ages three years and up. From getting your child comfortable in the water to perfecting your strokes, our program has everything needed to watch your child, or even yourself, grow into a strong and confident swimmer. Click on the link for more information!
02H (Overweight to Healthy) - This aquatic fitness program is designed to meet the specific needs of those who are extremely overweight or obese. Exercising in the water allows for low-impact movements that increase range of motion and circulation. Whether you are simply walking or using our aquatic fitness equipment for extra resistance, we can offer a personalized workout for you at your own pace. No swim experience is needed! Click the link for more information!
Lifeguard Training Classes - If you are at least 15 years of age and want to become a lifeguard, call the Aquatics office to sign up at 413-787-6298. The lifeguard training is a great way to earn extra money after school or over the summer! It is also a step in the right direction for a job in the medical field. Many of our lifeguards go on to be EMT's, Paramedics, Police Officers, Fire Fighters, and more! Special offers apply to Springfield Public School students!
WSI (Water Safety Instructor) - If you wish to be certified to teach swimming lessons, this is the program for you. Help children from the ages of three and up learn how to swim and feel more comfortable in the water. It is a great way to earn extra money whether you are a student or someone with another full time job. The City of Springfield offers this course at a very low rate compared to other organizations! Call the Aquatics office for more information!
PLEASE CALL THE AQUATICS OFFICE AT 413-787-6298.
For flyers and additional information please visit the Aquatics page.
Cyr Arena Is Closed For The Season
Public skating is offered at Cyr Arena in Forest Park on Friday and Saturday evenings from 7:00 p.m. – 8:50 p.m. and Sundays from 2:00 p.m. – 3:50 p.m. beginning on Friday, October 15. There is a $5.00 admission fee ($3.00 for youth) and a $4.25 skate rental fee. Birthday parties may be scheduled please call 787-6438 after 4:00 p.m. for booking and fee information.
With 736 acres of open space and a variety of recreation options for the whole family, Forest Park, the crown jewel of Springfield, has been voted the best public park in the Pioneer Valley by the Valley Advocate! Stop by today to see what’s blooming!
For more information on park amenities and hours, visit
Looking for a free afterschool program that provides a safe, fun-filled environment for your children with lots of opportunities for hands-on educational and recreational activities to support what they do during the school day? The Recreation Division of the Department of Parks, Buildings and Recreation Management (DPBRM) runs afterschool programs at six elementary schools located throughout the city and funded by the City of Springfield and the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE).
This is awesome! You guys are doing a great job. I just want to thank you for letting my children be involved in the program. (A Pottenger Parent)