General Laws of Massachusetts mandate an annual street listing of residents as of January 1 of each year. As part of this process we are making it more convenient for the residents of Springfield to respond to the annual city census. If you did not return the form mailed to your home or if you lost the form, download a copy of the census and instructions to print, fill out and return. Failure to respond to the census shall result in removal from the active voting list and may result in removal from the voter registration rolls. Listed below are options that we hope will make responding to your Census as easy as possible:
- Call 787-6185 if you have any questions or no changes to your census.
- Send by fax to 787-6186
- Drop off to Room #8 on the ground floor of City Hall
- Fill out the census online and submit it electronically via E-mail to email@example.com (Download Electronic Form)
- If you have any questions regarding the Dog License portion of the census you can call the Clerks Office at 787-6094
The Springfield Election Commission Needs You!
We need poll workers and bilingual poll workers who are fluent in English and Spanish to serve as election officials and assist voters in the 2017 Elections.
Call 413-787-6120 if you are interested. Or download the Poll Worker Application and mail (DO NOT FAX) the application to the Election office.
The minimum requirements to serve as a poll worker are as follows:
- Must be fluent in English.
- Be a registered voter in the state of Massachusetts.
- Be available to work 6:30 am - 8:15 pm on Election Day.
- Must be able to attend a MANDATORY paid training annually.