DTAC Supports and Pursues Opportunities to Increase Jobs and Business Revenue for Residents and Local Businesses
As a Third-Party Certifier of Diverse and Small Businesses the City of Springfield can Foster Economic Growth for its local Businesses and Benefits for Residents through a decreed Executive Order to Increase Spending in the Community.
On behalf of the City of Springfield I want to welcome and introduce you to our beautiful City and the potential opportunities we have to offer with over $5 billion of private and public investment and economic development. Thanks to our innovative initiatives and partnerships, you and your business can succeed and thrive too.
Springfield is enhanced and more vibrant when all city-based businesses are thriving. When all businesses have an opportunity to participate in our economy, they thrive. When all businesses have the right tools to succeed regardless of race, gender or ethnicity, they thrive.
Working together as a community, we can make a difference by having a business fraternal outlook. My administration is committed to increasing the City’s procurement with local businesses. We are primed for success when businesses hire and provide goods and services locally.
The City’s local business certification program will be the vehicle to accomplish our goals. My administration welcomes you to take the first step by becoming a city certified company. The City’s certification application program follows the same guidelines used by municipalities and state and federal government diversity purchasing programs around the country. We encourage local businesses to position themselves by becoming certified thereby expanding their potential and increasing their business opportunities within the Commonwealth, federal and private industry arenas. My administration is excited about this new venture for our city.
Domenic J. Sarno
The Administration proposes to:
- Ensure City uses spending power to benefit City-based businesses
- Certify City-based businesses to identify diverse and small businesses to participate in the City’s purchasing activity
- Develop a local supplier diversity program
- Develop a culture of local support/comradeship
- Develop a Springfield-based Corporation network to use local businesses
- Prioritize job development for residents
Purpose: Stimulate the local economy through diversity, equity and inclusion in City contracting by certifying:
- Minority Owned Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Women Owned Business Enterprise (WBE)
- Veteran Business Enterprise (VBE)
- Minority Non-Profit Organization (M/NPO)
- Women Non-Profit Organization (W/NPO)
- Based on the majority of board and voting body membership
As a Third-Party Certifier of Diverse and Small Businesses the City of Springfield can Foster Economic Growth for its local Businesses and Benefits for Residents by decreeing an Executive Order to Increase Spending in the Community.