Birth, Marriage & Death Certificates
The City Clerk certifies copies of these records upon request and payment of a fee:
- Payment may be made in cash, money order or check
- Certified copies cost $20.00 each when transacted in person or through the mail
- Make money order or check payable to "City of Springfield"
To obtain a certified copy of a:
- Birth certificate for any birth that occurred within the city limits of Springfield, MA. or if the parent was a resident of Springfield when the child was born.
- Marriage certificate for any marriage that took place within the city limits of Springfield, MA prior to February, 1980 or for any marriage that took place on an Intention of Marriage filed at Springfield City Hall since February, 1980.
- Death certificate for any person whose death occurred within the city limits of Springfield, MA and for any Springfield resident who passed away in any other Massachusetts community.
Visit the City Clerk's Office during office hours
You may order a certified copy of a birth, death or marriage record online using your credit card through www.vitalchek.com.
An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using this service, and all major credit cards are accepted, including American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard®, or Visa® .