New Website for the City of Springfield

Welcome to the new and improved City of Springfield website! We appreciate your patience as we roll out the updated website.  We hope you find it easier to use, especially on mobile devices. If you find a problem or have an opinion to share, good or bad, please use this form to let us know what you think of the new website design.

Contact Info

Request Services, Report Problems, Ask Questions

311 Service Request

The City of Springfield 311 system is your single point of contact for most City departments. Whether you need to schedule a bulk pickup or have a question about your trash fee, operators are standing by:

311 Call Center

Mon-Fri 7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Phone: 311 or 413-736-3111
TTY: relay to 413-736-3111

311's online tools are available 24/7

Online: Springfield Service Request Center
Mobile app for iPhone or Android: SPRINGFIELD 311

Request Vital Records

The City Clerk's Office maintains birth, marriage and death records for City residents, issues dog licenses, business certificates and permits for tag sales and raffles, and sells stickers for bulk pickup.

36 Court Street
Room 123
Springfield, MA 01103 


M, Tu, W, F: 8:30 am - 4 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am - 6 pm

You may order a certified copy of a birth, death or marriage record online using your credit card through VitalChek Network Inc.

Report a Code Violation

Please use this form to report a code violation in your neighborhood such as rubbish, overgrowth, abandoned vehicles, illegal business activity, etc. 

To check whether a violation has been reported, check the status of an open case, or find out whether a building permit has been issued, please use our Code Enforcement portal - you do not need a login to lookup enforcement cases or permits.

Other Agencies

Registry of Deeds (Hampden County)

 Property records are held by the Hampden County Registry of Deeds

50 State Street, Springfield, MA 01103

Register for Alerts

Resident Alert System

Sign Up for Smart911

With Smart911 you can inform Springfield first responders of your home address if you call from a cellphone, how many adults, children and pets live in the household, or whether a household member has a serious medical condition, before an emergency strikes.


Building Code Enforcement
70 Tapley St. 01104

Community Development / Neighborhood Services 
70 Tapley St. 01104

Conservation Commission
70 Tapley St. 01104 

Department of Public Works
70 Tapley St. 01104 

Elder Affairs
1600 East Columbus Ave.

Health & Human Services 
1145 Main St, Suite 208, 01103

Historic Commission
70 Tapley St. 01104 

Office of Housing
1600 East Columbus Ave. 1st Floor, 01103

License Commission
36 Court St. Room 204, 01103

Parks & Recreation
200 Trafton Rd. 01108

Planning & Economic Development
70 Tapley St. 01104 

Police Dept.
130 Pearl St. 01105
non-emergency: 413-787-6302
Emergencies: 911

Procurement Office
36 Court St. Room 307, 01103

Veterans Services
36 Court St. Room 101, 01103

Zoning Board of Appeals
Meetings: 36 Court St., Room 220, 01103

Page last updated:  Monday, August 13, 2018 11:33 am