How To Register To Vote
To register to vote in the City of Springfield you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of Springfield
- Be 18 years of age or older on or before Election Day
You may request a Voter Registration Form by calling the Election Commission at (413)787-6190. Or you can download a Mail-In Voter Registration Form by clicking this link.
Where To Register
- You may come in and fill out a Voter Registration Form in person at the Springfield Election Office.
- You can also register in person at the Secretary of State's office at 436 Dwight Street, Room 102.
- At any Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicle office.
- At any Massachusetts social service agency (including but not limited to) the Department of Transitional Assistance offices, Mass Rehab offices, & the Department of Mental Health offices.
- If you would like to register to vote online you may do so by following this link
The Voter Registration Form is available in English and Spanish. Or you may obtain a mail-in Voter Registration Form from the Election Office. Fill it out completely and sign at the bottom; otherwise it will be rejected and sent back to the applicant. Make sure the mail-in Registration Form has an original signature. Mail (DO NOT FAX) the Voter Registration Form to:
Springfield Election Commission
City Hall, Room 8
36 Court Street
Springfield, MA 01103
Voter Registration FAQ'S
- Who may register to vote in Springfield?
- Can I register for a friend, family member, or another individual?
- Where do I register?
- Can I register if I am homeless?
- Is identification required to register to vote?
- How do I change my political party?
- How do I change my address for voting?
- How do I change my name for voting?
- When is the Election Commission office open to the public?
- When am I registered to vote?
- How may I verify that I am registered?
- What is my ward and precinct?
- When can I register?
- Is there a deadline to register?
- What is my polling location?
- How do I stay on the voting list?
- How can my group or organization request voter registration forms in bulk?
- What are the the Guidelines to Conduct a Voter Registration Drive?