A political committee is a committee that raises money for a specific political purpose, such as:
- The election of a single candidate (candidate's committee);
- The election or defeat of one or more candidates (political action or people's committee);
- The promotion of a particular party (state and local party committees);
- The passage or defeat of a ballot question (ballot question committee); or
- Making independent expenditures, without direct or indirect coordination with any other Massachusetts political committee or candidate. (independent expenditure political action committee).
Before it can raise funds for its specified purpose, a committee must be properly organized with OCPF or, if applicable, a local election official.
Statement of Organization & Membership Update
Statement of Organization
Statement of Organization/Change of Officer(s)