Neighborhood Council Stabilization Grant
Mayor Domenic Sarno recently announced that due to the negative impacts of COVID-19 on Neighborhood Councils and their ability to connect with and provide services to residents, he was allocating $100,000 for each Neighborhood Council. The purpose of this grant is to stabilize neighborhood councils and their capacity, increase two- way communication beween city government, neighborhood councils and residents and to assist them in improving neighborhood conditions.
The Office of Disaster Recovery has put together a memo that includes general guidance for neighborhood councils about the process for recieving this money and the eligible category areas that the funding can be utilized for. Click here to view that memo.
Grant Resources for Neighborhood Councils:
- Scope of Services - Example
- Contract Budget Template
- Invoice Template
- Public Consultation Info Sheet and Form
- Federal Procurement Cheatsheet
- Neighborhood Council Grant Contract Packet
Technical Assistance Session Recordings
The Office of Disaster Recovery has hosted several Q&A Session for Neighborhood Councils. You can visit our YouTube Channel to access these recording, or utilize the links below:
- June 15, 2022 virtual TA Session for all neighborhood councils
- January 19, 2023 -Hybrid TA Session with the Mason Square neighborhoods at the Bay Area Neighborhood Council
Questions regarding this grant should be directed to Tina Quagliato Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org and Ed Whitley at email@example.com