The Human Resources Department, as a strategic business partner, enables the City of Springfield to provide quality services to our citizens by:
- Attracting, developing, motivating and retaining top municipal talent
- Creating a climate of respect; one which appreciates and leverages diversity and difference
- Ensuring City compliance with statutory, regulatory and ethical employment practices
- Maximizing productivity by building a culture of continuous improvement and commitment to excellence
- Modeling the City's commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment and all the benefits linked to Affirmative Action
- Maintaining a drug-free workplace
- Driving effective use of the City's finances, specifically those linked to labor costs
This mission is executed daily through the following Human Resources functions: staffing, benefits, affirmative action, compensation, training, employee relations, workman's compensation, payroll, and employee assistance programs.
As the City of Springfield prepares to open back up and employees prepare to return to the workplace, we have prepared some usefull documents for everyone to review.
Due to the events surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the 2020 Firefighter Exam has been postponed. When a new date has been determined, Civil Service will notify all candidates via email. Please visit the below link for updates.