How can I report a problem with my bill?

In the event there is a problem with your trash fee bill, please call Customer Service at (413) 736-3111.  Examples of billing mistakes may include:

  • incorrect number of containers, resulting in the wrong fee amount;
  • bill sent to the incorrect owner of the property or to a renter;
  • bill sent to the owner, who hauls his or her own trash or has private trash service;
  • bill sent to the owner who qualifies for other exemptions from the fee;
  • bill for the full amount of the fee, when the owner qualifies for a discount;
  • multiple billing; etc. 

The City has provided the Trash Fee Change/Dispute Form which you can use in correcting such errors.  This form must be received within forty-five (45) days of the bill date.  The application will be reviewed and residents will receive written notice of the City's determination. 

Page last updated:  Wednesday, August 7, 2013 04:15 pm