Springfield Historical Commissioners:
Vincent Walsh, Chair
Alfonso Nardi, Vice Chair
David Finn (alternate/CPC Appointee)
Walter Kroll (alternate)
Steve Shultis (alternate)
Application form for proposed work in a Local Historic District
Applications must be submitted to the Office of Planning & Economic Development for review by the Springfield Historical Commission. The Commission meets regularly on the first and third Thursday of each month, in City Hall Room 310.
If proposing work on a property that is designated historic and you are unsure which application to download, please contact Commission staff for the appropriate application and related materials.
Questions regarding this process should be directed to the Office of Planning & Economic Development at 413-787-6020.
Historical Commission 2021 Schedule
Due to Covid 19 restrictions the Historic Commission will be meeting virtually via Zoom. Meetings will be available to watch the following day at Government | Focus Springfield.
More Springfield Historic Districts Resources:
- Districts by Street
- Historic Neighborhood Guidelines
- Download Window Replacement Guidelines
- Download Window Replacement Appropriateness Standards
- Download Handrail Guidelines
- Download Satellite Dish Guidelines
- Download Establishing Local Historic Districts
- Outdoor Mechanical Equipment Guidelines
- Historic Districts FAQ