Springfield Historical Commissioners:
Vincent Walsh, Chair
Alfonso Nardi, Vice Chair
Judith Crowell (CPC Representative)
Walter Kroll (alternate)
Application form for proposed work in a Local Historic District
Applications must be submitted to the Office of Planning & Economic Development for review by the Springfield Historical Commission. The Commission meets regularly on the first and third Thursday of each month, in City Hall Room 310.
If proposing work on a property that is designated historic and you are unsure which application to download, please contact Commission staff for the appropriate application and related materials.
Questions regarding this process should be directed to the Office of Planning & Economic Development at 413-787-6020.
Historical Commission 2023 Schedule
More Springfield Historic Districts Resources:
- Districts by Street
- Historic Neighborhood Guidelines
- Download Window Replacement Guidelines
- Download Handrail Guidelines
- Download Satellite Dish Guidelines
- Download Establishing Local Historic Districts
- Outdoor Mechanical Equipment Guidelines
- Historic Districts FAQ
Protocols and Ordinances:
- Download The Preservation of Historically Significant Buildings (Demo Delay) Ordinance
- Download Protocols for Municipally Owned or Funded Projects