COVID-19 Protocols for the Forest Park Pool
This past year has been a tough one for all, but we are very excited to be opening our gates once again to the pool at Forest Park! The following is everything you need to know before visiting us at the pool. Please read everything carefully. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and respect. Let’s all do our part to make this a fun, but SAFE summer!
- Before coming to the pool, please ensure no one is feeling ill, has been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, or has tested positive for COVID-19.
- To reduce the wait time, please come dressed to swim. Capacity in the changing rooms will be reduced.
- Please respect others by socially distancing a minimum of 6ft. This includes the line to enter, on the pool deck, in bathrooms, AND INSIDE THE POOL.
- The bathroom capacity will also be restricted to 6 patrons at a time to maintain proper distancing.
- The indoor locker room showers will be closed for the season. We have installed outdoor showers for all patrons to rinse off before and after swimming.
- As always, please do not bring any food or drink inside of the pool facility. These activities require taking off your mask. Please keep any food or drink outside of the pool area.
- Please practice proper hygiene and hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Hand sanitizing stations will also be provided to the public.
- Please cough or sneeze into a tissue or your elbow. Please wash your hands properly directly after coughing or sneezing.
- Please use the proper gates for entering and exiting the pool area. The gates will be marked accordingly. Please use your pool pass to sign in and out to help us maintain an accurate capacity.
- Please contact the designated COVID-19 contact person if you or a family member show symptoms or test positive for COVID-19. Please contact the Aquatics Director at (413) 787-6298 who will notify the Executive Director of Parks, Buildings & Recreation Management who will then contact the local health department for contact tracing purposes.
Once again, thank you all for your cooperation. If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Aquatics office at (413)787-6298, or you can direct any questions to a manager at the pool.
Let’s all have a safe and fun summer!