CHECK BACK IN APRIL 2020 FOR FISCAL YEAR 2021 OPEN ENROLLMENT INFORMATION!
Wednesday, April 3rd to Wednesday, May 1st @4:00PM EST (CLOSED)
For Changes Effective July 1, 2019 (Fiscal Year 2020)
The annual open enrollment time is almost here, giving you the opportunity to review your benefit options and choose a new health plan if you desire. If you want to keep your current Group Insurance Commission (GIC) health plan, you do not need to fill out any paperwork. Your coverage will continue automatically. Please take this opportunity to think about what you and your family need in the way of health care. Additionally, please review the list of additional required documents if you have dependents or are turning 65!
Be sure to read your GIC Benefit Decision Guide for annual enrollment details. Do your homework during annual enrollment, even if you don't plan to make any changes:
- Review the GIC Benefit Decision Guide for benefit and rate changes effective July 1, 2019
- Review the City of Springfield Rates Sheet to see which plan fits into your budget!
- Consider enrolling in a limited network plan to save money every month on your premiums. These plans have the same benefits as the wider network plans, but save money because they have fewer physicians, hospitals, and other providers.
- Contact the plans to find out if your doctors and hospitals still participate in your plan. Specify the plan's full name, such as Harvard Pilgrim Primary ChoicePlan or Harvard Pilgrim Independence Plan, not just Harvard Pilgrim.
- Check on copay tier assignments that affect what you pay when you get physician or hospital services. Copay tiers can change each July 1 with new data.
Your GIC Benefit Decision Guide is an overview of GIC benefits; it is not a comprehensive plan handbook. There may be other services that you and your family need. Contact each plan to find out details about those benefits.
Keep in mind! Once you choose a health plan, you cannot change plans during the year, unless you move out of the plan's service area. If your doctor or hospital leaves your health plan, you must find a new participating provider in your chosen plan.
See the GIC website for the latest annual enrollment news, forms to expedite your decisions, and answers to frequently asked questions. A new Summary of Benefits and Coverage document, as required by federal health care reform, provides a summary of a GIC plan benefits and cost-sharing requirements. View, fill out, print all GIC Forms from our website.
All GIC forms must have a wet signature; no copies, emails, or faxes are allowed at this time.
Enrollment packages will be delivered to most worksites April 3rd. If you have questions, please contact us via email at email@example.com or call 413-787-6055.
Mark the Date! All completed enrollment forms are due to your GIC Benefits Coordinator no later than Wednesday, May 1, 2018 @ 4:00PM EST.