Project Manager: Office of Planning & Economic Development
Project Location: Roosevelt Avenue
Property Owner: Springfield Redevelopment Authority (SRA)
Special Designations: Priority Development Site - Chapter 43D
The Springfield Smith and Wesson Industrial Park is an 85 acre undeveloped industrial park site located in the East Springfield neighborhood. The area is owned by the Springfield Redevelopment Authority (SRA), and is being developed in conjunction with MassDevelopment. The park can produce a maximum build-out of 650,000 square feet of industrial, commercial, general office space, or a combination of these uses.
- Fronts on Roosevelt Avenue with great visibility from I-291. \\
- Located in the new Memorial Industrial Park II, Springfield, MA.
- Approximately 1/4 mile from Route 20A
- Indian Orchard Exit off I-291
- Approximately 1 1/2 miles to exit 6 of the Mass Pike I-90.
- 15 minute drive to Bradley International Airport.
- Rail access: CSX Potential
- Performance Food Group, has relocated from downtown to SS&WIP and has become the first company to open a 210,000 square foot distribution center. The facility opened in October 2007.
- FW Webb has agreed to purchase and develop approximately 15 acres of the property, slated to begin construction in Spring, 2011.
- Twenty-five buildable (25 +/-) acres remain available at the back of the site and with visibility to Interstate 291. Interested parties may contact the city at 413-787-6020.