Recruitment for the Regional Employment Board's CDBG-NDR funded Construction Skills Training Program is currently underway. The session will begin at the end of February 2018.
In order to be eligible for the training you must meet the following criteria:
- Unemployed or Underemployed
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Legally able to work in the U.S.
- Reside within one of the eligible Springfield neighborhoods (Brightwood, Memorial Square, Metro Center, Old Hill, Six Corners, South End, Upper Hill or portions of Forest Park and Liberty Heights)
- Assessment testing is part of the process
Interested applicants should contact (413) 858-2800. Click here to view informational flyer.
The Regional Employment Board has launched the Construction Skills Training program. The program is being held at Putnam Vocation School and is in partnership with the City of Springfield, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and is being funded through the National Disaster Resilience Competition.
The training will provide income qualified, Springfield residents a variety of construction skills education that will allow them to obtain employment in the construction trades.
The City has partnered with Tech Foundry to provide an IT Job Training program to income qualified, Springfield residents of the Urban Watershed District. The program partners with area employers to train students for positions in the local area. Two full sessions have been completed and the third session is currently underway.
Interested participants should contact Tech Foundry at email@example.com or (413)276-0609 ext.101