- Provides project management and construction management of various capital improvement projects including: street and sidewalk construction; pavement rehabilitation and preventive treatments, and traffic signal & intersection improvements.
- Provides water resources engineering to include drainage, flood protection system, and dam evaluations, design, permitting, construction and operations and maintenance.
- Provides pavement management services to inspect, rate and prioritize city streets for restoration or preventive treatments.
- Provide the City with a "One Stop" mapping center.
- Review private subdivision and development site plans to ensure compliance to City standards and sound engineering design.
- Provide engineering information to architects, consulting engineers and contractors relative to city infrastructure, policies, and standards.
- Provide land surveyors with information relative to street line, layout, land plans, street acceptance plans, topographical plans and assessor maps.
- Provide records management for engineering plans, drawings, field books and various records relating to all city-owned infrastructure including: street acceptance plans, drainage plans, field books, parks and playgrounds, city-owned buildings (except schools), etc.
- Managing the City's street occupancy and street opening permit program including issuing permits, coordinating the work of various private utility companies as they affect city roads, ensuring that the trenches are properly backfilled, compacted and patched, and tracking excavation trench safety.
- Providing professional Civil Engineer advice to various boards and public agencies.
Page last updated: Friday, August 24, 2018 08:47 am