May 4, 2011- The City of Springfield is requesting proposals for the purchase and redevelopment of 32 Temple Street in the Lower Maple Historic District, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The property is a vacant, wood frame, two and half story, home constructed circa 1889 on a 4,159 square foot lot with approximately 2,500 square feet of living space. The City will entertain all offers that meet the minimum bid of $1,000.00.
As part of Mayor Domenic J. Sarno’s emphasis on the preservation and restoration of historic assets in the City of Springfield, the City is making $25,000 of CDBG funding available for exterior and structural improvements to the property. This funding is not income restricted and will be in the form of a forgivable, interest free, loan.
Site Tours are as follows:
· May 5, 2011 between 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
· May 11, 2011 between 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
RFP Packages (for Bid #11-329) can be obtained by any of the following methods:
· Picked up at the City of Springfield, Office of Procurement, City Hall- 36 Court Street, 4th Floor (413) 787-6291
· Downloaded from BidSync at www.bidsync.com
· Ordered over the phone from BidSync at 1-800-765-9245
All proposals are due by May 23, 2011.