Springfield College Brennan Center was the site for DPH Commissioner John Auerbach and SDHHS Director Helen R. Caulton-Harris and Community Based Organizations, Health Care providers and residents to discuss local health priorities.
Fetal Infant Mortality as a Springfield Health Disparity was discussed by representatives of the Maternal Child Health Commission, Dr. Andrew Balder and Alice Hodge, RN. Their 7-Point Plan is to:
1. Provide interconception care to women with prior adverse pregnancy outcomes.
2. Increase access to preconception care for African-American women in an integrated, caring system.
3. Improve the quality of prenatal care.
4. Strengthen father involvement in African American families.
5. Close the local education gap.
6. Support working mothers and families.
7. Undo racism.
For information and/or to volunteer to help call Sandra Johnson, RN at (413) 787-6739; email@example.com